DT-102 MXV P.A.F. Humbucker Guitar Pickup Specs.:
?Neck 7.7K (long A2), Bridge 7.9K (long unoriented A5)
This set is a direct clone of a personal favorite pair of vintage 50's PAF pickups I own. Magnets, coil offsets, winding pattern and even magnet wire micrometer measurements were taken from each pickup and to be recreated exclusively for the DT-102 ThroBak MXV vintage PAF humbucker pickup clones. These pickups are particularly rich in double tones imparted by the ThroBak vintage Leesona 102 coil winder that winds each coil. Closely matched neck and bridge pickups give a particularly sweet middle switch position tone. A2 neck and unoriented A5 bridge magnets add to the versatility of these pickups. The sweet vintage PAF pickup cleans and biting bridge lead tones offer a wide tonal palette of the best PAF pickups. Specifications include correct vintage reproduction plain enamel magnet wire, Michigan hard maple wood spacer, vintage correct two conductor wire and threaded baseplate.
ThroBak vintage Leesona 102 pickup winder.
Maximum Vintage Patent Applied For Set Specs. MADE IN USA
• Vintage PAF clone Butyrate bobbins tooled and molded in the USA to vintage specs..
• Coils wound on vintage Leesona 102 winder for unsurpassed vintage winding accuracy.
• Vintage PAF repro baseplates tooled and stamped in the USA for ThroBak.
• PAF reproduction style covers stamped in USA and Nickel plated (with no Copper) at the same Kalamazoo shop that plated vintage PAF covers.
• Pole screws with vintage alloys cloned from 50's vintage PAF pickup screws with cold form die tooled for ThroBak. Made in USA.
• Slugs with vintage alloys cut with a vintage Brown and Sharpe automatic screw machine for correct vintage look. Made in USA.
• Vintage Spec. Plain Enamel 42AWG magnet wire made with vintage coating and processes. Made in USA.
• Alnico magnets custom cast in the USA with vintage formulations.
• Vintage correct braided wire. Made in USA.